Friday, October 19, 2007

CTR 5







When Mike and I first got married... we were called to be the CTR 5 teachers. I was excited... the first year we only taught from July to December and then we got our new class. Don't get me wrong, we loved our first class too... but we LOVE OUR CLASS. There is something special about the CTR 5 year. Graduating from Sunbeams... learning how to write your name, most starting kindergarten. They are so fun. As the end of year grows nearer every week I am sad. I am going to miss them. I know I will still see them, but it wont be the same. For the last year I have reflected much on my own primary experiences wanting to remember the things that stick out and really taught and developed my own young testimony. One example... Sister Merrick gave us 10 pennies, and tithing slip and envelope. We each filled out our little slip and put one penny in the envelope, then we took a field trip to the Bishops office. I know 5 year old our too young for this one, but i tried to be a good teacher and do things they will remember. At five, is it possible? Maybe they will just remember that we ended class with the CTR game (chutes and latters ctr style) when we had time left over. Ha! Then again, maybe it's my job never to forget them. :)

No comments: