Monday, May 4, 2009

Pennies From Heaven


I found a penny today,
just laying on the ground.
But it is not just a penny,
this little coin I found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
thats what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss then down,
oh how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
make a smile out of your frown.
So don't pass by that penny
when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you.




Author Unknown




After my Dad past away a few different people had past this poem on to our family. Over the years it's nice as silly as it may seem to remind me that my Dad is still very much around. This morning I have seen 3. The first one made me smile, the second one got me thinking and the third, I actually picked up and said Hi Dad! :)

So when you find a penny on the ground... pick it up! Some one from Heaven is saying hi!

1 comment:

Dancing in the rain said...

I can't believe no one posted on this. I think the story is really sweet. It brighten my day. :)