Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 Christmas letter

Merry Christmas!

Damien is 4 months old and a very happy baby. He has the biggest smile in the world and loves to stand up (with help of course). People call him mini Mike, I guess he looks like me. He likes watching football with the guys and me. He already has a ton of footballs to play with. Also, Damien is a big help to mommy at work; he rolls around on the floor, smiles at customers, and makes fun of the other employees there. He loves his big sister and really enjoys the attention he gets from everyone. We love his wonderful spirit and love that he radiates. He has been a wonderful addition to our family.

Memphis is 20 months old, walks, talks (sometimes), and gets into EVERYTHING! She loves her little brother, she’s always trying to help burp him and constantly giving him hugs and kisses. She loves watching sportscenter with me in the mornings. Every time we get the stroller out she gets excited and we can’t get her out of it sometimes. Memphis likes every animal on the planet (they are all dogs). Memphis stays home with me during the days while Melissa and little D are at work. She loves to play guitar hero and she even head bangs to Metallica whenever it’s on. Memi loves playing with our cell phones, she will always come get them and start talking into it like she’s talking to someone. Memphis will sing along in church and sometimes at the start of the meetings she will open the hymnbook and just start singing away. She loves playing with her cousin Kyah and the two of them squeal with excitement when they get to see each other. Memi has gotten to the point where she recognizes the neighborhood that Kyah lives in and starts screaming when we are around the corner. The joy she brings to our family always puts a smile on our face.

Melissa is a very busy woman! First, let me start out by saying that I have the coolest wife in the world! She lets me go to concerts, allows me to coach football, and encourages me to do things I enjoy. She still works in the food industry at a distributor. She gets to take Damien to work with her and although some days are tougher than others, she gets by. As many of you know, Melissa is very outgoing and always seems to be on the go. With that said, she still manages to make time for family, friends, scrapbooking, and her much needed “time with the girls.” Melissa and I went to a concert together in November; I won tickets to Coldplay (we also we got to attend the sound check, take pictures with the band and they played a few songs by request.) It is definitely one of the better concerts I have been to (and I have seen a lot of bands live). Overall, Melissa is a wonderful woman who takes very good care of the kids and me. We are very blessed to have her in our lives. I am a better person because of her.

I, Mike am still working for UPS. This November marked my 3rd year anniversary and makes me officially eligible to be put on the drivers waiting list. Now the waiting… I coach football for one of the East High little league teams. This was my 2nd year as the head coach and we won the championship this season! I am looking forward to applying for a position at the high school level in January. It was a great year for me being able to go to concerts. In addition to winning the Coldplay tix, I won Metallica tickets and went to many other concerts including Motley Crue, Seether, and many more. Other than that, I have been working and doing what I can for my family. I love playing with my kids and teaching them cool things like playing video games and to dislike the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots. I have a wonderful wife and family and feel very blessed to have them in my life.

As a family, we were fortunate enough to take a couple trips to Oregon so we could visit my family. We welcomed my brother Jesse home from his mission in Las Vegas in February and returned in October for some good quality fun and relaxation. We also moved in with Melissa’s mom in June. Although it been an adjustment, we are doing good and working on getting into a house of our own.

We feel so blessed as we reflect on that we are blessed with. We have friends and family whom we could not imagine our life with out. We are grateful for the gospel, and the direction and peace it brings to our lives. At this time of year we are reminded of our Savior, his sacrifice and our eternal goals to become more like him.

We love and appreciate all of you and wish you all the best at this holiday season.

Love,

Mike, Melissa, Memphis, and Damien

3 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

Well written!

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

Hey Mellissa! I'm glad you have a blog. Now I can check up on you! Your little family is so cute!

The Whitaker Family said...

What a wonderful and thorough and happy update! Thanks!!! Love the new family pic too! xoxox, Mary