Tuesday, November 18, 2008

pinch me... I MUST be dreaming!


When I heard Coldplay was coming to town told Mike we were going. I have been a huge fan since 01'. I actually first heard of them on the mission... (c'mon I was on a mission, not in a box-we still heard music). I was hooked!

When the tickets were released to sell I found myself OUTRAGED at the price. *funny how that happens when your married, we wont talk about how much I paid for Rascal Flatts pre Mike. So I thought, meh...whatever I dont HAVE to go.

So last week 101.9 started a raido contest, giving away front row tickets-but wait it gets better. You also get to meet the band, take pictures, be a part of sound check, have your shirt signed AND you get $101.90.

Needless to say I have been glued to the radio station. To win you would have to listen all day long and I mean ALL DAY long. Write down the coldplay song from every hour and then when they play the 5 o'clock hour song be the 10th caller.

Well last night I was caller #9. I cried at Parker (the DJ). I was so sad, but only for about .4555 seconds because Mike was #10!

WE WON!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe it.

The only downside is... we will be missing the BYU/UT game. :( There is always NEXT year and the next year and the next year! This year I am meeting Chris Martin!

Whoooooooo hoooooooooooo!

For those who know me well...they know I have been a HUGE fan of 101.9 The end for 10 years. Back in the day I even made my own window "sticker" for the car. I do not have a problem with obbessions... I don't, I don't I don't!!!! I've listening to Jimmy Chunga EVERY DAY. He has made some retarded choices: ie getting rid of Mister West and adding Chelsea. Ugg, I cant stand Chelsea and yet I can not pull myself away.





Ok, Shauna wanted me to add how it went down!

It went a little something like this:

Parker: 101.9 The End, you’re called #10

Melissa: Screaming in the back ground, chucks Memphis on the couch

Mike says to Melissa: Take care of the kids

Memphis and Damien: Crying and now very scared

Parker:(laughing) Who is that in the back ground?

Mike: My wife..

Parker: Well, congrats you guys are headed to the concert, going to the sound check and we’re giving you $101.90.

Mike: That’s awesome, my wife has made me listen everyday to win, she is a huge fan.

Parker: What’s your wives name

Mike: Melissa

Parker: Wait, she wasn’t called #9 was she?

Mike: Yea

Parker: NO Way! That’s unreal, we have 75 lines ringing off the hook, what are the odds you would be callers 9 and 10? Well this proves that we only have seven listeners.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm, that's boring. I think everyone wants to hear the details about how loud we could hear you screaming on the radio and you dropping your kid and Parker's reaction when he realized you were callers 9 and 10!

The Smiths said...

OK... I WILL ADD IT

Ally said...

That is CRAZY Melissa!!!! How exciting!!!! I love Coldplay too:) Have fun!!!!!
ps...did you really drop a child? :) haha

Marie said...

They wet to the right person! Congratulations!

Doney Days said...

I am peeing at Shauna's comment. I want to hear the rest of the story! I can't believe you guys won!!! Congrats!

Allison Claire said...

That is awesome! I LOVE Coldplay! You are lucky ducks. I have been trying to win tickets here in AZ, no luck. :(

Bennifer said...

HAHAHA That is so funny! I can totally picture your reaction and know for a fact you would chuck Memi on the couch and freak out screaming and jumping around. That's awesome that you won. Sounds like it was meant to be.

erin elaina said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! Poor Memphis! haha!

Pete & Leah said...

That's so awsome that you won! We love Coldplay too!

teona ann said...

that's hilarious!! I can totally see imagine your reaction! Have fun at the concert and meeting the band! I want to hear details after...

The Gray Fam said...

Saweet, you are so lucky!!! Glad that you guys stopped by!! Now we can keep in touch better since im never on myspace or facebook anymore!! hope all is well

Mom said...

LOL, crazy & funny! Have a loads of fun on your date nite!!! :) You could always call the radio station and ask for a recording of your conversation!

Jenilee said...

Congrats! You deserve it. Have fun!