Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tagged!

A month ago Marie tagged me! It's taken me a while, but finally a REAL spare moment. (Mike is at Costco, Memphis is sleeping and Damien is here beside me being good)

So here we go!

The Rules:
Link to your tagger and list the rules.
List 7 random facts about yourself.
Tag 7 people (and make sure you check back and see what they say).
If you're tagged, play along and pass it on!


1.I worked as a dishwasher for two days.

My dad worked for a company called Pro Clean(Marie you LOVE them) when we lived in Flagstaff. He asked one of the restaurants if they were hiring. They were hiring a busser. I thought GREAT, I had the experience from working at the London Bridge Resort. So I took the job. It was at this dive coffee shop attached the Howard Johnson Motel. Well, in their world, buser meant you also did the dishes. I lasted to two days. It was DISGUSTING!!! In those two days I was offered a job from some people in our ward who owned a dry cleaners. It was a much better job. I worked their for about two years and really enjoyed it.

2.I picked out my wedding ring on December 31, 1997

I had just moved to Utah and Heather my cousin had some bridal magazines. I was flipping through and spotted this ring. I cut it out and placed it in the back of my journal. Next to it I wrote: When I get married, this is what my ring will look like. Over the years people would tell me my taste would change and I would want something different. That never happened and when I got engaged I ripped that page out of my journal and handed it over to Mike. My good friend Rachel has a cousin who is a jeweler. Matt at Hancock Jewelers did an awesome job of recreating my ring from this picture. It now has bands on both sides... but to this day when I look down it is my DREAM RING!

Just a side note... the wedding dresses I ripped out and put in the journal on that same night did not get used. I don't know what I was thinking!

3.I have had the name strawmo since 1992
Back in the 8th grade I was in a computer class and everyone's user name was their last name and first initial. For some reason the teacher messed mine up and added an "0" at the end. My friend Sam Andress was in that class and he called me Strawmo from there on out. So back in 1996 when the family got a computer and aol we all had to pick a screen name, for me it was a no brainer. I am and will be strawmo forever and ever!Even google knows... Strawmo is me! :) The best part about that is, if you go to page two you will see a youtube video called Beep Beep. It is a video of my mom and my uncle cliff recreating something they did as kids. It might seem lame, but to us... F U N N Y! (now if my mom reads this... she will be mad i pointed anyone in the direction of that video) Hi MOM! :)

4.I ended up in the wrong airport my first time flying.

One of the worst days of my whole life would have to be the Thanksgiving week 1998. I was supposed to fly into Ontario, CA airport and ended up in LAX. We had a lay over in Las Vegas and the flight attendant asked me if I was headed to Los Angeles. I said yes, and stayed on the plane. I had a bad feeling about 30 minuets before we landed that I was headed to the wrong airport. When I got off the plane I knew I was in the wrong place. Oh the tears. My luggage made it just fine to Ontario. LAX threw me on a shuttle to Ontario but while they did that, family headed to LAX. It was so awful. Mind you, this is also before the days of cell phones. Picking me up from the airport turned into an ALL DAY event.

5.I have been a bridesmaid four times.
Liz and Lorin
Liz was my mission companion and roommate when we got home. Liz and I didn't hit it off right away, then President made us companions... two days later once we sorted through the rumors and concerns of serving with each other we became the best of friends. I am so grateful we got to served together. I could not imagine my life with out her. Her wedding was such a fun day. We woke up to a blanket of fresh snow. The cold and Elizabeth are not the best of friends, but it sure was pretty. We all got our hair done together...that part of was fun. It's hard to believe that was almost six years ago!


Chase and Kristi
Kristi is my brothers wife. So she is my sister in law and now a roomie! Ha! I didn't actually know her all that well when they got married but now I do and she is very driven, loves my brother and GREAT with my kids. Mesa, AZ in May...nice and warm. Family weddings are always fun because you get to hang out with your whole family all day long.

Matt and Lauren
Cute Lauren! My cousin. Her and I had become soooo close during her first years at BYU. Then she married my best friends little brother. I was very excited to be a part of her special day. Lauren's wedding was beautiful... minus my hair. In my defense... I did the brides hair instead of my own. HA!

Jen and Ben
Jen is one of my very best friends. Isn't Jen nice to let me be a bridesmaid six months pregnant??? I know you can't really tell in this picture, but I was. Ruby did my hair, cool huh? Jen made the flower... again, very cool! After much stress and maybe even a little drama... Jen's wedding turned out really nice.

I love weddings! Even though I am married now, I just do! It's such a happy day for the bride and groom. I love being a part of those weddings, getting all dressed up, or doing the brides hair. Sure it can be a long, sometimes stressful day... but in the end, totally worth it! To the brides I have been "a maid"... Thank you. It was an honor and I love you all!

6.I share a birthday with my cousin Michelle.

Michelle and I were born four hours apart. She came two months early... so we like to say in the pre-earth life, we decided to race down. She won! It's our little bond!

7.I love taking pictures.

I took over 1,000 pictures while on my mission. Now I just take lots and lots of pictures of our cute kids.(then I scrapbook them all... I am a scrapbookin' FOOL) If I could go back in time...I would pursue photography much more seriously.



I tag:

Heather A O
Olivia
Karen
Heather D
Jennifer
Jessica
Lauren


Mike says this is too long and no one is ever going to read it, so if you are here and made it all the way to the end...congrats! Nevermind the fact it took me almost 7 hours to complete it. Time for bed!!!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

hey, i read it all and LOVED it! Very creative and fun answers! :o)

Anonymous said...

hey, Straw tell you husband I finished it and thought it was great. Love ya, Cressida

Michelle Andersen Nydegger said...

I READ it all! It's never too late to start pursuing pro photography! Keep the day after Turkey Day open just in case I end up shooting...you can be my assistant and second shooter!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I did read it all while yours and my daughter are destroying my house! :) Good times. btw...Liz and Lorin have been married for 5 1/2 years, not almost 5 years.